Summer is here and it is BBQ season friends!
With Beetroots being full of vitamins and minerals and being packed with powerful antioxidants this delicious Beetroot hummus is a fabulous addition to your next BBQ spread!
- 2-3 Medium Beets
- 1 Can of Chickpeas
- 1/3 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Tahini
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- 3-4 Garlic Cloves
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Sliced veggies and/or chips to serve
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- 2. Wash and scrub the beets, do not pat dry as the beets will use the moisture while cooking.
- 3. Wrap each individual beet separately in loose tinfoil.
- 4. Drizzle each beet with some olive oil before closing the tinfoil tightly.
- 5. Bake the beets for 45-60 min. They should be tender enough for a fork to go through the beets easily. When the beets are done and cooled for a few minutes, use a paper towel to gently rub the skin off (it should come off very easily after roasting). Chop the beets into bite sized pieces.
- 6. Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas.
- 7. Place the beets, chickpeas, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic cloves, salt and pepper into a food processor.
- 8. Blend until smooth. Add more tahini or olive oil if you like the texture to be lighter and creamier.
- 9. Place hummus into a bowl and if you like drizzle with the Olive Oil and sprinkle the top with some spices or hemp seeds. Serve with sliced veggies or chips and enjoy!
Credit to #leangreennutritionfiend